Saturday, December 22, 2007

One word: scorpions

So exciting news folks! There’s been a new invader of my home and sanity, and need i mention, a new thing with which the phrase ‘death is imminent’ now resonates! On Thursday evening Nelly called me over as the grabbed a sandal and then pointed to the floor where I saw what my eyes could hardly believe and my brain couldn’t register fast enough because before I knew it I was shouting ‘’Scorpio! Scorpio!’’ – as if I’d morphed into an astrologer and had pin-pointed the sign that would lead me to eternal happiness. I fumbled to recover and corrected my statement just has the sandal came down to end the poor fella’s life.

The lil bugger didn’t cross my mind again until Friday night when I was preparing for bed. While brushing my teeth by candlelight I noticed a shadow in the fold of my mosquito net. Just below eye level and suspended directly over my pillow was in fact a scorpion on the inside of my net! I shouted for nelly and quickly went to her room t rally some moral support. We performed quite the tag-team act of opening the net, knocking the invader to the ground and promptly ending his life. I was a bit concerned that there would be more lurking in the shadows, waiting for rest to overtake my body before they came for the attack, but my net was free and clear and I had no choice but to climb inside. I’m hoping they only travel in twos.

No comments: