Saturday, December 29, 2007

eating my neighbor's chicken

This morning the chicken and her four baby chickens were pooping on my back porch and Nelly was shouting ‘Let’s go!’ to shoo them away. This afternoon my neighbor brought over soup for me to enjoy – it featured the chicken. I couldn’t help but chuckle as I enjoyed a spicy curry soup and was impressed by the quality of the chicken’s flavour. But as I ate I saw the four small chickens wandering around independently now. Nelly tried to call them over to show them that I was eating their mother! Haha Such goes the circle of life.

3 comments:

Yonna said...

wow abbs...I knew that you were enjoying yourself over there, but your pics brought tears to my eyes. I miss you, and cant believe that you have adjusted so well to becoming a liberian citizen...you've honestly got me wondering if you will ever come back, and if Lena or I will ever see you again.

keep up the blogs though...I do enjoy them so!

Brooke said...

That is hilarious! I hope you have a Happy New Year. Do they celebrate New Years?

Kyle Crum said...

With all the pooping, maybe the chicken has an intestinal disease and now you have it. Mabye if you bring some of the chickens into JFK, that would help :)