Thursday, December 20, 2007

the beautiful

Curse the Americans and their over-refrigerated-cleanness! If I had grown up drinking dirty water, eating room temp mayonnaise and buying pigs’ feet from a table in a dusty village I would be invincible – or at least less scared for my digestive health every moment of the each day! I would also like to personally, sarcastically thank America (perhaps more specifically the Midwest) for giving me my ‘softness’. While carrying groceries home a couple days ago a group of young men passed me, one wanted to shake my hand but my hands were full so I continued walking, only for the last guy in the group to pat my upper, outer thigh and say ‘’soft’’ as he walked past! It didn’t register at first, and I told Nelly the story only to have her confirm that ‘’Americans are soft’’. She explained that Africans are soft too, but Americans are more soft. Go figure!

No comments: