Friday, December 14, 2007

the holidays are here!

Yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of spending a little Christmas money, thanks to my Mom and Dad and my ‘Ewell Secret Santa’ Aunt Paulette! I was so tickled to buy a strainer for making pasta much easier and a real broom!! Haha not to mention the sheer delight I took in FINALLY getting a radio!! I may never leave my house again! I also took some extra cash with me to the super market and was able to purchase outside the realm of necessities, beyond the matches and dish rags that I needed to buy, I ventured into a little pleasure shopping – including buying big box of tea bags, honey, spicy mustard, a can of BBQ Pringles, a box of Jiffy corn bread mix and some good soap to scrub the bathtub with! It’s amazing what simple things bring great joy to my simple life here! I then returned home to have a mini dance party in my bedroom while rocking out to some hip hop on the radio. I also took time to clean the toilet this afternoon – nothing brightens my day quite like bleaching my toilet...funny because I used to hate cleaning the bathroom, but it’s just so nice to know it’s sanitary and see it all sparkly and shiny! Happy holidays to me!

2 comments:

Lily said...

A bleached toilet is a happy toilet. :)

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.