Wednesday, December 19, 2007

like a prayer

Recently my radio brought me the thrills of Madonna. She surfaced just after some African music and a reading of local obituaries. I felt like I was back in Chicago, partying in Boys Town at 3am! I was just finishing my dinner and I leapt up from my chair and started singing and dancing around with my arms in the air like a crazy woman. We had been eating in the dark because the sun had just set and I hadn’t gotten to lighting a candle or firing up the generator yet, and the dim lighting amplified my lack of inhibitions as I continued to spin and twirl around recklessly. Nelly didn’t know the song so she just sat there crunching on pig’s feet bones from the soup. But there we were – me and Madonna – having our moment!

1 comment:

Lily said...

I can totally see you doing this! That's my girl.