Saturday, January 26, 2008

stateside updates

It’s been ‘a week’. What more can I say, with changes coming organizationally and me hating everyone, it’s just been ‘a week’! I also got word on Monday that a buddy from college died unexpectedly. He was a great guy who I worked with in a couple different volunteer programs and I was terribly saddened by the news. So I’ve had a lot on my mind.

To not be total ‘Debbie Downer’ I also want to take the chance to share some info about an incredible adventure that my friends Bessie and Kyle are embarking on in less than a week. My peeps have quit their jobs (hoo-rah!) and packed up their lives to spend the next year or so living nomadically as they backpack their way through Central and South America and from there may perhaps take on the world! The crazy couple will be exploring and doing some volunteer work en-route and is very excited. I’m thrilled about their upcoming adventures as Bessie and I spent much time discussing what our ‘lives abroad’ would be like when we worked together in Chicago. Since they’re funny people (most of my friends are) they have also created a blog site (much fancier than mine so don’t judge!) where they’ll be documenting their journey in ‘he said; she said’ style. I encourage you all to check it out..this way if you get bored of African tales you can mix it up a bit and perhaps even learn some Spanish along the way (all while avoiding doing whatever desk job you’re currently neglecting to read this post). www.bessieandkyle.com It’s also linked on the right side of my page for future reference!

No comments: