Thursday, January 17, 2008

Losing my damn mind!

So it all started with an unidentifiable, ear-piercing sound that was radiating at the front of my house a couple evenings ago. Nelly was sitting on the porch and didn’t seem to notice it, and brother Elijah came by and was carrying on as if the noise didn’t exist. It was all I could hear so I asked if they knew what the sound was – only to end up talking in circles with Elijah as he said he didn’t hear anything and then pointed out other sounds (like the neighbor’s car that had just pulled up). I couldn’t get anywhere with him and honestly considered that I was losing it! I suggested maybe it was a bullfrog or insect of some sort and still he said he didn’t hear anything and continued to point out the normal, obvious noises near my house. I had to walk away eventually and the next evening investigated alone only to determine that it is something in the grass near my front porch steps and that the sound is echoing off the tin-underside of the roof which hangs over that area. The amplified sound is near maddening – or maybe that was the effect of the conversation with brother Elijah!

Then yesterday I saw a UFO. Way up in the sky, which was especially clear and blue late yesterday afternoon. It was a black shape, not quite a dot. It resembled a helicopter but was way too high for that. It was hovering in one spot for a long while and then I looked up and it was gone, only to reappear seconds later a little farther west. I studied it for almost an hour and chose not to ask a passing neighbor about it for fear that I was losing my mind. It got to the point where I even took out my digital camera and tried to zoom in take a picture and then zoom all the way in when viewing the picture to get a closer look at the thing. This plan was futile and at first I couldn’t even find the UFO when looking through my viewfinder, and then even the zoomed in zoom in of the photo showed nothing more than a vast blue with a fuzzy section. Alas, it was gone after another hour and I haven’t seen it since. Guess I can add that to my list of firsts!

No comments: