Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How you comin' on?

There was a bit of concern expressed (namely by my Mom!) after I posted my ‘Ode’ on Monday. So just in case anyone else is wondering – no, i’m not going crazy and the heat hasn’t gotten to me! Haha Quite the contrary in fact...we are currently in our official dry season here in Liberia and despite a slight delay (global warming) we are enjoying cooler evenings and nights which lead to cool mornings. But just as the weather in Ohio is full of surprises –Liberia’s operating under the same tricky Mother Nature and by mid-day the sun’s heat is quite intense. My point being, the heat hasn’t caused me to lose my mind, but when the word web came into existence I was actually wearing a long sleeve button-up while sitting on my porch enjoying the cool nip in the air – so perhaps the cold triggered some sort of altered mental state (though I think I’m just naturally quirky like that and prone to creative outbursts). And the phrase ‘how you comin’ on?’ is a popular one here. There’s even a segment on the radio entitled just that – on Christmas day I heard them checking on patients at the hospital but they go other places too.

No comments: