Friday, November 2, 2007

the ironing

so busy busy day today! and exciting news...it didn't rain! perhaps the first day since i arrived here that it was kinda clear-sky!

I spent all afternoon talking through 'all things Liberia' with Jerry. We covered details about my lodging and well-being as a new resident in a foreign land and got into some of the AYDAP nitty-gritty. We were able to share a lot of ideas about the Peace Festival that's in the works for February and I consider the brainstorm to have gone very successfully - we typed up notes along the way so that soon it will all be conveyed to the team in Liberia. Ironing out more details will be my first task post 'observation phase' when I arrive. I'm very eager to be in Monrovia a week from today and to be settled so that the work can begin!

gooooo AFRICA!!!

1 comment:

Katypie said...

So apparently I need to follow-up more often than every other week or so as I have been... I'm such a slacker!
I love your fun posts... dancing with diplomats... requests for donations w/ picture proof! You crack me up even from another continent! I'll think of a good picture request and when I have some spare $$ I'll send it your way.

Love and miss you!