Friday, November 30, 2007

Embarrassing but true: Confessions from Liberia

I decided that after 3 weeks here, it's time to bare it all, or at least some of it!

•This week Nelly asked me if the mosquitoes got my face too much – I had to explain that’s just acne/zits/pimples taking over my chin because my face is always sweaty here
•We can’t put toilet paper in our toilet anymore because it gets so angry – we carry it to the kitchen trash can instead.
•I find it nice knowing that each night the floors will get swept and the dishes will get washed and it’s not my responsibility.
•I haven’t shaved my legs in over a month and don’t really feel like doing it during my bucket bath; they might stay like this indefinitely.
•Most days I’m pretty sure I smell bad but usually the guy next to me smells stronger so I don’t worry about it too much!

No comments: