Monday, September 24, 2007

1 month out!

my flight is 1 month from today and my 'to do' list isn't getting any shorter! I get to visit the travel clinic today to get all my shots and learn about malaria medication options - basically it's choosing between which side effects I would prefer to deal with: sensitivity to sunlight, hair-loss after extended use and perpetual yeast infections vs. mild neuropsychiatric symptoms and nightmares! life continues to be full of choices :)

fundraising update - a big shout out of thanks to friends and family that have been able to chip in so far! I'm still plugging away though, at this point I've raised around $300... only $4,200 to go to meet my goal!! whoop whoop!

-------
a couple hours later...
just had my visit to the travel clinic! I'm now protected from typhoid and hepatitis A - the yellow fever has to wait another week because i just finished a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection (turns out mono doesn't like to be alone - definitely got sick while my immune system's already pretty busy) so next week I got back for my final immunization!! let's do this!

No comments: