Tuesday, September 18, 2007

get pumped!

I booked my flights today!!!

I'm super excited and can't wait for the tickets to come in the mail...I'm sure there will be a little dance of joy that day! So it's officially official now - I fly out of Cleveland on Wed. October 24 headed for Glasgow, Scotland. I'll be there for 2 weeks learning about all things Liberia and AYDAP from the founder himself. It will be a unique chance to meet the team that works based in Glasgow promoting and fundraising for AYDAP. I'll also be there during a weekend fundraising event. Then I make my way (via 3 more planes and several trips thru customs) down to Liberia on November 8th. Can't wait to arrive in Monrovia at 12:40am to a warm greeting by James and Terrance - my soon-to-be Liberian best friends! haha

More updates...I'm still battling my way thru mono (yes, in case you didn't know, I some how got mono 2 months before moving to africa). It hasn't been a totally debilitating experience, but I'm still tired A LOT which the doc says will last 3-4 months. yee-haw! But I'm doing well and will hopefully (cross your fingers) be getting all of my travel vaccinations next week!! stay tuned...

2 comments:

Katypie said...

You're crazy, girl. But we've always known that and I couldn't be more proud to call you my sister. I can't wait to read about all of your crazy escapades in Africa, because I'm sure there will be many of them! See you at home in a couple of weeks before you leave!! :-Þ

bessiejulia said...

I just watched the video on the youth website, and I can totally see you fitting in there wearing bright clothe outfits clapping and singing stuff. I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories. Love you girl!